Best Fertilizers For Fruit Trees 2020: Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Are you really looking forward to have a garden filled with trees bearing beautiful and flavorful fruits? Then you are on the right page.
In this post, you will get to know important facts about growing healthy fruit trees within a short time frame. Using the best fertilizer for fruit trees can be very beneficial, especially if your tree struggles to give fruits.
Before choosing a fertilizer for your fruit trees, you must know when and how you should use the fertilizer. The requirements of every tree are different.
While using the fertilizer, you must have an idea about the right quantity of the fertilizer to be used to help the tree grow strong and healthy.
Also, some fertilizers contain important components that can boost the tree effectively. Even if the tree is suffering from some ailment, then the right fertilizer can bring a new lease of life to it.
Here, you can find some important fertilizer buying tips, FAQs, and some other important information that will help you purchase the best fertilizer for your fruit trees.
Top 10 Best Fertilizers For Fruit Trees 2020
1. Jobe’s Organics FBA & Citrus Fertilizer
If you are looking for a fertilizer that’s good for both new and old trees, then you must choose the Jobe’s Organics FBA & Citrus Fertilizer with Biozome 4lb.
This is the best fruit tree fertilizer having some organic ingredients that increase the nutrients in the soil, and at the same time deliver fast results.
It also contains some secret ingredients comprising a combination of bacteria such as, mycorrhizal fungi, and Archaea, which promotes the growth of the plants. This blend not only delivers good results, but also improves the quality of the soil in the long run.
- This fertilizer is organic in nature and helps the plants to grow well.
- You can use this in growing trees.
- Certified organic fertilizer that does not contain any chemical components.
- Also contains Jobe Biozome, which contains properties aiding the growth of your fruit trees on time.
- Contains micro-organisms offering faster results.
- Helps in improving the condition of the soil.
- Helps in keeping your plants safe from insects and other unfavorable conditions.
- OMRI listed for organic gardening.
- Available in different pack sizes.
- Sometimes it causes damage to the leaves.
2. Urban Farm 1-Quart Apple & Oranges
This Urban Farm 1-quart Apple & Oranges Fruits and Citrus Fertilizer is specially designed to feed the roots of the trees.
The special ingredients in this fertilizer work wonders on any tree. Also, you can directly apply this fertilizer into the soil, so that the tree can get all the important nutrients required for their proper growth and development.
The best advantage of this fertilizer is that it will last throughout the year. Hence, you can use this fertilizer in every season.
Also, you do not need to feed this fertilizer every week. You need to use this fertilizer during early spring and late fall only.
- This is a micro-brewed liquid fertilizer.
- You can use this for all sweet and citrus fruits.
- This is a super-concentrated full-strength fertilizer.
- This fertilizer is the best for hand watering, dripping, hose-end, foliar, and hydroponics.
- All the components are organic in nature, including kelp, enzymes, and minerals.
- You can use it only for outdoor trees.
- The container is small in size and so bears less content.
3. Espoma CT4 4-Pound Citrus Tone Fertilizer
This Espoma CT4 4-Pound Citrus Tone liquid fertilizer has a 4.5-24.2 NPK rationale. This fertilizer will keep your tree alive and healthy throughout the year.
This fertilizer is made up of organic and natural components. The components are worm castings, kelp, bat guano, enzymes, and minerals. Besides that, it also contains fortification and calcium.
All these components are the perfect blend of different essential elements required for the growth of the fruit trees.
It also contains humic acid that is responsible for improving the nutrient value of the soil. Also, this fertilizer contains mycorrhiza, which helps the tree to get all the good nutrients needed for its growth and fruit development.
- This fertilizer is made of all the natural and organic ingredients.
- Perfect for all citrus, nut, and other varieties of fruit trees.
- Provides a complete and continuous balanced feeding.
- Helps in the overall development of the tree.
- Does not harm your trees or soil.
- Helps to produce flavorful citrus fruits in abundance.
- This fertilizer is a little bit pricey as compared to others.
- This fertilizer contains chicken poop, because of which it might smell really bad.
4. Jobe’s Spike Fruit/Nut Organic Fertilizer
Are you looking for some easy to use fertilizer for your fruit trees? If yes, then you should buy this Jobe’s Spike Fruit/Nut Organic Fertilizer.
You can dilute this fertilizer with water. Hence, this facility makes it easier to use for hose-end spraying, dripping, and hand watering.
This is one of the most commonly used fertilizers which can give your tree faster growth, healthy-looking leaves, and big sized fruits. One bottle of this concentrate makes more than 64 gallons of fertilizer after mixing it with water.
- Contains all the essential nutrients to help you have a healthy fruit tree.
- Loaded with calcium, which is an essential ingredient for tree growth.
- Nourishes the roots of the trees.
- You can easily use this fertilizer.
- Does not contain any foul smell.
- You can easily spread this fertilizer using a hose or watering can.
- This fertilizer does not have a runny texture.
- It is a value for money deal.
- This is available only online.
5. Dr. Earth 708p Organic 4 Pound Fruit Tree Fertilizer
You can use this organic fertilizer only in lime, avocado, orange, and lemon trees. The other trees you can use it on include fig, apple, plum, pear, and cherry trees.
Also, this fertilizer contains 8% of calcium, which is very important for citrus trees. However, the deficiency of calcium can reduce fruit production. This is the best fertilizer for fruit trees containing bacteria that prevent the soil from fatal microbial attacks.
This fertilizer contains component like Archaea, which is usually not present in other fertilizers available in the market.
After using this fertilizer, you can find visible improvements in your trees and fruits within just a week. This fertilizer is MRI listed. This is an organic fertilizer great for nuts trees. However, other trees also grow well with it.
- Made up of 100% organic and natural ingredients.
- Does not contain any GMO.
- Contains pro-biotic ingredients.
- Contains important soil microbes.
- Contains ecto and endo mycorrhiza that ensure overall wellbeing of the tree.
- You can easily use this fertilizer without requiring any special equipment
- Available in different sizes.
- It comes in loose powdered form.
- Promotes faster growth for the trees.
- You can see visible changes within a week.
- This product does not come with instructions, so it is a bit difficult to use for first-timers.
- You cannot use this for the trees that are already overgrown.
6. EarthPods Premium Easy Organic Fertilizers
EarthPod’s premium and easy organic fertilizers are specially meant for citrus fruit trees. It can be applied on trees irrespective of indoor or outdoor varieties.
The main purpose of using this for your citrus trees is to boost the appearance of their flowers and fruits, and growth of the leaves and roots. One tube measures 100 concentrated EarthPods, which is enough supply for as long as 4 years.
No mess will be created while using this EarthPods fertilizer. It is perfect for use in a lemon tree or for nurturing the potted dwarf fruits.
This fertilizer can be easily applied to the plants that are in their growing stage or about to bear flowers and fruits in some time.
This EarthPods premium and easy organic fertilizer is full of good and healthy nutrients, such as organic plant nutrients, trace minerals, natural soil humates and several other good things that can help your plants grow.
- Great for using in plants such as Mayers lemon, lime, orange, kumquat, avocado, tomato, pepper, eggplant, dwarf banana, potted raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, strawberry, and several other plants that bear fruits.
- Good for all indoor and houseplants, various types of cacti, succulents and many more.
- Free of Urea
- No animal ingredients are present in it.
- It is made using sustainable ingredients.
- Available only in one size.
- Can be a little hard to get your hands on them because of the high demand for it.
7. Vigoro Fruit, Nut and Citrus Fertilizer
This Vigoro 15ct. nut and citrus fertilizer promotes vigorous growth in trees and results in high yields. Apart from the growth, it also helps the tree in stress tolerance and have enhanced immunity against diseases.
As a result, the tree retains its ability to bear fruits through all the seasons. However, remember that it will not work if the soil in which you are applying it is dry and hard.
So, make sure to moist it before applying the fertilizer to the soil. This will ensure that you get 100% result from the fertilizer.
Another big advantage of using this fruit tree fertilizer from Vigoro is that it can be directly applied to the roots of your tree.
If you don’t get the expected result after its application, then you can return or exchange it by contacting the seller.
Although according to the manual in the cardboard box, you must prefer applying the fertilizer during spring or fall season, as the ground mostly stays moist during this season.
- It is one of the best ground fertilizers available in the market for fruit and nut trees.
- Comes in eco-friendly cardboard boxes which are sustainable in nature and can be reused or recycled.
- Always rated high by customers who have already used them.
- Can be used on both indoor or outdoor plants.
- Suitable to be used in trees and plants of patios, lawns and even in gardens.
- Available in only one size.
- Comes in dust form, which makes it vulnerable because it can get ruined by the activities of rats and other rodents.
8. Southern Ag 16oz Nutritional Citrus Spray
Southern Ag is one of the best nutritional sprays meant to boost growth of fruits in citrus trees. Its main objective is to prevent yellowing in trees and take care of the deep drawn problems hampering their growth.
It only comes in one single size that is 16oz as mentioned in the title as well. The size is appropriate for carrying and even for keeping it in a kitchen shelf.
You can also store it in a cool and dry place without the worry of the fertilizer getting ruined by the external elements.
It is one of the best fertilizers for fruit trees that comes in liquid form and is way easier to apply. You can pour it directly into the soil or can put it in a sprayer to be sprayed on the affected areas.
It contains five essential nutrients including zinc and other components. It can be used in all types of ornamental fruit trees and even the tropical fruit trees.
- The liquid formula helps in easy application.
- Offers value for money, as it lasts you for a very long time.
- Comes in an eco-friendly and recyclable package.
- It is also easy to be stored for a long time in the same packaging.
- Contains ingredients such as iron, zinc, manganese, magnesium and sulfur.
- Can be effectively used in citrus, mangoes, avocados and several other tropical fruit trees.
- Can get a little messy while applying.
- Can cause irritation if comes close to eyes. So, it needs to be kept away from pets and babies.
9. Urban Farm Fruit and Citrus Food 8OZ
Manufactured by Urban farm, this liquid fruit and citrus fertilizer is one of the most popular fertilizers available in the market.
It has a lot of reasons for being considered as one of the best fertilizers. Produced in the USA, it is an imported product that needs proper handling to maintain the packaging. That’s why it comes in an airtight sealed plastic bottle with an easy-open cap.
As you can well guess by the name, it is best for citrus and other fruits. Made up of organic components, it is filled with goodness of nature that is applied directly to the roots of the trees to make them grow faster. As a result, that they can grow more fruits easily.
The size of the bottle is 8oz., which is quite small, and that’s why it is perfect for indoor plants or for ornamental plants to be kept at home, as they require a minimum amount of the product.
It is one of the most effective fruit tree fertilizers compared to all the other fertilizer options available in the market.
- The liquid formula helps in applying the fertilizer all over the soil of the tree.
- The easy-to-open cap of the bottle helps in hassle-free application.
- Small sized, thus easy to carry and store.
- Imported variety to aid fast growth and more fruits.
- A little bit pricey than other fertilizers in the market.
- Being an imported variety, it is sometimes difficult to avail.
10. J R Peters Jacks Classic Citrus Fruit Fertilizer
Unlike any other fruit tree fertilizers available in the market, J R Peters Jacks Classic Citrus fruit fertilizer is customized to provide the maximum amount of nutrients required by specific plant varieties.
The main purpose of the J R Peters Jacks Classic Citrus fruit fertilizer is to help trees have healthy green leaves and strong branches, and gain faster growth and more fruits.
This fertilizer for fruit trees is formulated in a way that your tree enjoys the goodness to the fullest.
Besides, this fertilizer can be applied directly to the roots of the tree by pouring into the soil or you can also spray it on the leaves.
The result will be the same, as the nutrients in this one are easy to be absorbed through different methods of application. It also bears a mild scent which is very pleasing unlike most of the other fertilizers.
Zinc, Manganese, Chelated Iron, Boron, Copper and Molybdenum are some of its main ingredients. It is great to be applied on tropical fruit trees like lemon, oranges, grapes, mangoes and kumquats.
- Easy to use and spread over the leaves or into the soil.
- Great tub packaging which is ecofriendly and easy to be carried and stored.
- Has a mild scent unlike most of the other fertilizers.
- Can be used in potted trees as well.
- Weighs only 1 pound.
- Available in only one size.
- A little expensive than its competitors.
1. Why Is It Necessary To Use Fertilizers?
It is recommended to use fertilizer spikes into the soil during early spring and mid-fall when the topmost layer of the soil is still moist but not oversaturated.
The best fruit tree fertilizer spikes are good to use and also easy to store than bags of granular fertilizers. The fertilizer boosts your tree’s biological activities and promotes immunity against pest and disease.
2. Where To Put The Fertilizers?
The correct place to put the fruit tree fertilizer is into the damp soil around the drip line. The drip line is the area below the circumference line of the tree’s stem. Usually, rain and direct sunlight fall directly on the drip line, thereby promoting growth of the plant.
3. Which Is An Evergreen Fertilizer?
An evergreen fertilizer is the one that has nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in it. The ratio tends to be in 10:8:15.
This implies that an ideal fertilizer spike should have 10 percent of nitrogen, 8 percent of phosphorus, and 15 percent of potassium.
Any of the best fruit tree fertilizer that contains these three ingredients in this specific ratio is a perfect fertilizer spike to be used in every tree for different purposes.
4. What Is The Perfect Time For Fertilizing Your Trees?
Trees use a lot of energy during the spring, as they bear flowers and fruits in this season. That’s the reason they need a boost to perform well.
You can put the best fertilizer for fruit trees after spring, so that the flowers and fruits can be borne well in the next season as well.
Choose The Best Fertilizer For Fruit Trees
All fertilizers bear certain similar and a few different characteristics. Mostly all of them are full of natural ingredients helpful in aiding the trees to bear best fruits. However, there are a lot of factors that must be looked into before you invest in the best fertilizer for fruit trees.
First of all, make sure that the fertilizer you are using contains ingredients like Sulphur, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron and others.
The presence of these minerals will change the entire appearance of the fruits. Some of the fertilizers come in granular forms, while others come in either capsule or liquid forms. Choose the one that you think will be easier for you to apply to the soil supporting your plants.
Some fertilizers bear harsh chemicals and unbearable fragrances. So, make the choice properly so that the components in your fertilizer remain pleasant to both your senses and the tree’s overall wellbeing.