|1. GreenView Fairway||2. Scotts Turf||3. Fertilome|
When you have an extensive property, you also want a beautiful lawn. And when you have a lawn, you want it to look beautiful and lush with St. Augustine grass.
People go for this grass the most because it is a good quality grass that will make your garden or lawn look amazing.
You need to be careful and learn about the best fertilizer for st augustine grass before selecting it. You need to make sure that you are using the right fertilizer to make it live for a long time.
But if you don’t know about the best fertilizer for St. Augustine grass, here is this guide for your assistance.
There are some of the top fertilizers you can use, mentioned in this piece. Here you can read useful information’s to help you choose the fertilizer correctly for your garden. We have tried to answer all your questions to ease your task.
Top 10 Best Fertilizers For St Augustine Grass 2020
1. GreenView Fairway Formula Lawn Fertilizer
This brand has made this fertilizer, keeping the needs of the grass and owners in mind. They have made it to make the grass green and thick, without excess growth. This product has got wonderful color response upto 12 weeks.
They make it to work with all types of turfs. It can be used anytime to ensure the good growth of the grass. It features immediate-release and controlled-release nutrients for around 12 weeks of feeding.
They make it not to burn the lawn. There is no phosphorus in the product. It involves a 63% slow-release nitrogen formula that is used to protect waterways. You can use it to cover 5000 sq. ft. of area.
- It is a nominal product to buy
- You can use it to cover larger areas
- It is applicable for all types of turfs
- They make it with 0% phosphorus
- They make it to thicken the grass
- It keeps the grass green
- Getting it in different quantities could be an issue.
2. Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food Lawn Fertilizer
The weight of the packet is 3 lb. It is used to cover 1000 sq. ft. of your lawn or garden. They make it to grow the grass 70% thicker. And, it makes sure that the grass is growing at a good speed with good health.
It helps in improving the seeding results. It is also a good product to be bought for sod and grass plugs. 24-25-4 is the fertilizer ratio that is used to provide nutrients to the growing grass. It is a safe product for any grass.
You can call it the best fertilizer for St. Augustine. But you might not find it in the state of Florida. It is a product that is recommended by over 65% of Amazon buyers.
- It is easy to spread and use the product
- It is available at a reasonable price
- They make it to thicken the grass
- It offers all the nutrients to the grass
- You can use it for all types of grass
- The product will cover a small area due to less quantity
3. Voluntary Purchasing Group Fertilome
It allows the sod to get established. We can apply it with grass seed. It is used to let your grass grow thicker and green. It helps the grass to grow at a good speed.
In this pack, the manufacturers have offered all the nutrients for the grass. It is a good quality product; you can buy it without hesitation. It is easy to use and spread.
- It is a good quality product
- It promotes the vigorous growth of the grass
- It helps the grass to become strong
- It is easy to spread the fertilizer on the lawn
- It has all the nutrients for the grass
- It enables the sod to establish
- It is ideal for new lawns
- It is available in limited quantities
4. Scotts Turf Builder Summer Lawn Food
It is a nominal product to go for. It is easy to spread fertilizer. It can be used to cover an area of 4000 sq. ft. The weight of the pack is 9.59 pounds.
The greening effect of different turfs lasts for 6 weeks. This can slightly vary depending on the temperature and the category of turf.
The best thing about this pack is that it is used with 50% lesser water to offer green grass. It is a 2 in 1 food and water maximizer. You can use it to build strong and deep roots. It can be used on all grass and is safe.
- It is an affordable product to buy
- It offers green grass with less water
- It offers strong roots
- It is a 2 in 1 product
- It is full of nutrients for the grass
- It covers 4000 sq. ft. area
- Strengthens lawns against heat and drought
- It may not offer the desired thickness to the grass
5. Jonathan Green & Sons Winter Survival Fall Fertilizer
Are you looking for the best fertilizer for winters? You can try using this winter survival fall fertilizer for your lawn. It will help your lawn to get ready for winters. It will help in promoting root growth.
It is available in a 45-pound pack. It will cover up to 15000 square feet of area. It is an ideal product for fall seeding.
They make it with a balanced formula and have all the nutrients for the grass. It will help to make your grass look green and strong. It is easy to spread this fertilizer throughout the lawn to prepare your grass for spring.
- It will make your grass look green
- It promotes root growth
- It makes your grass look healthy and lively
- It can cover 15000 sq. Ft. area
- It is a convenient product to use
- Perfect for fall seeding
- You may not be able to use it throughout the year
6. Grotrax Biodegradable Grass Seed Mat
Are you looking for something convenient for your lawn? You should go for this grass seed mat from Grotrax. It is an all in one growing product. It is a grass seed fabric containing seed, fertilizer, and mulch in an easy-to-use, rolling-growing system.
They make it to cover 50 sq. ft. of area. It is lightweight, easy to use and is made with high-quality seeds. They make it to stay green in all the conditions for a long time.
They make it with biodegradable fabric. The fertilizer in this mat offers fast germination and uniform growth. They make it in a way that prevents seeds from washing away. It offers a durable lawn and thick grass.
- It is a convenient product to use
- It is easy to roll it out
- It already includes high-quality seeds and fertilizer
- It offers durable and thick grass
- It lets the grass stay green for a long time
- It is an award-winning, certified weed-free, premium quality product
- The grass might grow slowly on this mat
7. Safer Brand Lawn Restore Fertilizer
As you are shopping for the best fertilizer for St. Augustine grass, go for this one. They make it to revitalize the lawn to a thick turf by strengthening the root systems. It makes your lawn turn green in 3 to 5 days of use.
It offers roots that will make your lawn look and feel healthy. It will help the plants withstand heat, cold, and drought stresses. They specially make it to cover 6,250 sq. ft. area. It is convenient to use and spread this fertilizer.
It is available at a nominal price and weighs 25 lbs. This product is recommended by 58% of Amazon buyers. So, you can try it for healthy growing grass.
- The pack can cover 6250 sq. Ft. area
- It is made to strengthen the root system
- It offers green grass
- The grass will grow to be thick
- The price is also reasonable
- The quality of the product may not satisfy all the buyers
8. GreenView Fairway Formula Grass Seed
The pack includes seed varieties that ensure that the mix will flourish in extreme environments. It will help in fast seed germination in 7-14 days for a quickly grown lawn.
You will like it for being heat, drought, insects, and disease resistance. This premium quality seeds blends well and are completely weed-free.These seeds are uncoated, so it ensures maximum coverage.
It is a pack of weight 3 lbs. It is easy to use and recommended by 67% Amazon buyers.
- It is a nominal product to go for
- It is easy to use and spread
- It offers a well-grown lawn within a few days
- It helps to keep the grass green and healthy
- It is a heat and insects resistant product
- They are brown patch resistant
- The Fescue blend survives both heat and shade
- Finding it in different quantities could be an issue
9. Espoma Organic All Season Lawn Food
If you want the best fertilizer for St Augustine grass for a healthy lawn, probably go for this one. They make it with organic formula. The manufacturers have made sure that it can meet the expectations of the buyers.
It is an 18-pound pack that can cover 5000 sq. ft. of area. They make it to offer you green and strong grass. It will help in strengthening the root system. They make it with BioTone microbes.
It is a product easy to spread. You can get it in different quantities. And, it is an ideal product for your lawn or garden.
- You can get it in different packs
- It is an organic lawn food
- Bio-Tone microbes enhances the overall quality
- It can cover 5000 sq. ft. area
- It will make the roots strong
- It will make your grass look green and healthy
- They make it with an organic formula for the safety of the grass
- It might be expensive for some buyers
10. GreenView Fall Lawn Food
They make it to be efficient and helps in promoting rapid spring green-up. It will help you by offering thick grass.
You need to apply the product when the grass is growing actively. It helps with quick root growth to improve nutrient absorption. It helps in retaining water to protect the lawn from heat and drought.
It will feed your lawn for up to 8 weeks. You can get it at a good price to ensure the healthy growth of your grass.
- The product is coming at a reasonable price
- It will help in rapid root growth
- It is good at retaining water to protect the lawn from heat
- It will offer you thick grass
- It can be spread easily
- You might not get it in different quantities
1. Is It Important To Check The Nutrients Or Composition In A Fertilizer?
You need to check the nutrients the fertilizer is having. You need to know if it is having nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium along with other components.
You also need to know the quantity in which these ingredients are available in the pack. You need to make sure it includes every necessary nutrient in the appropriate quantity for the grass.
2. What Are The Different Types Of Fertilizer?
You should also need to know the type of fertilizer you need. There are two types of fertilizers- quick-release and slow-release.
They use each of these fertilizers for different types of lawns. And, each one of them is having different qualities. So, before you make the purchase, you need to know your lawn’s needs and then make the decision.
3. Why Should I Opt For Organic Fertilizer?
There organic fertilizers are easily available in the market. You should try buying the ones that are organic because they will be safe for your lawn. They will have no chemicals that can harm your grass in the long run.
4. Why Does The Quality Of The Fertilizer Matters?
Before you buy any of the fertilizers, you need to be sure about the product’s quality. You need to make sure it offers good health and quick growth to the grass.
Another factor to keep in mind is that it lasts for a long time. It needs to be safe for the lawn.
5. Is It important To Consider The Quantity Of The Fertilizer?
You also need to decide the quantity in which you want the fertilizer. You can buy the fertilizers for your lawn in different quantities.
You can buy a product that is covering a small area or you can also go for the one covering a large area.
6. Why Do I Need To Know About Seasons Before Buying A Fertilizer?
As you want to buy fertilizer, you need to know that there are different products for different seasons. Though you can get the fertilizers that can be used throughout the year, you can use only some products in winters or summers. So, when you buy fertilizer, you need to be clear about your requirement.
7. Why It Is Vital To Consider The Budget?
It is important to know the amount you are willing to spend on fertilizer. You need to be clear with your budget and then start shopping for your lawn’s best fertilizer.
You should also make sure that you are not buying a product that is not worth asking for. Buy a product that is available at a nominal price according to its quality.
8. Do I Need To Check Reviews Before Purchasing A Fertilizer?
The last thing you need to do when you are done shortlisting the products is checking the reviews. You need to go through the ratings of each of the products you have added to your wish list. Doing this will tell you if you should buy a product you are looking forward to.
9. From Where To Buy The Best Fertilizers For St Augustine Grass?
You can buy the fertilizers from the market and online both. No matter from where you are buying it, you need to be careful and consider the necessary factors. While buying online will help you buy it at a discounted price, from the market, you might get the product at a bit expensive.
10. How Often Can St. Augustine Grass Be Fertilized?
If you are having St. Augustine grass in your lawn, you should fertilize it 3 times during summers. As it is a warm-season grass, you need to make sure that you are fertilizing it in summers only. And, fertilizing it from time to time, will help it grow green and quickly. Fertilization will help you to have a healthy lawn.
11. How To Fertilize St. Augustine Grass?
You can fertilize the grass by mixing granules before application. You can also mix liquid before the application.
You can also go for a sprayer fertilizer to make the task convenient for you. Each of these ways is easy to use. They won’t take much of your time to fertilize the lawn. And, will enjoy doing them.
12. How Much Fertilizer I Should Use In St. Augustine Grass?
It is really important to know the exact amount of fertilizer to be used in your lawn. Using too little or too much can affect the growth and quality of the lawn.
So, if you are doing the job for the first time, you need to use 1 pound of nitrogen per 1,000 square feet. Doing this will help you in applying the exact quantity your lawn needs.
13. How To Make St Augustine Grass Thicker?
If you want to have a thick and green St. Augustine grass, you need to plant it during summers. You also need to make sure that you are using the right type of soil to get the desired results. And do not forget to water it regularly.
14. What Is The Best Fertilizer For St. Augustine Grass?
There are many fertilizers available in the market. However, we have already discussed the best fertilizer brands to maintain your St. Augustine grass.
Remember, the best fertilizer will have a high nitrogen content that will burn the lawn. To get the maximum benefit, use fertilizers with nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (NPK) ratio of 4-1-2.