|1. Husqvarna Z242F||2. Husqvarna YTH18542||3. Husqvarna|
We mostly use riding lawn mowers for large grounds or yards, and you can easily mow a large area with a riding mower.
You do not need to operate them manually and it is just like your car. You can drive the mower through your ground and mow the land according to your needs.
With traditional gas mowers, you need to push them manually, which is very difficult.
Riding lawn mowers are the best alternative of walk-behind mowers and you can drive such mowers around your ground to cut grasses.
Riding lawn mowers come with various features, and it is difficult to choose the best model.
You must consider their HP, fuel capacity, warranty, cutting width and transmission system before you choose.
Here, you can find the best 10 riding lawn mowers with their pros and cons, and you can also read the features, FAQs to choose the right mower.
Top 10 Best Riding Lawn Mowers 2020
1. Husqvarna Z242F 42 In.
This is a zero-turn riding lawn mower and you can use it for your large commercial ground.
They equip it with Kawasaki engine that has 18 horsepower, and the slip resistant foot area of this mower can keep you safe.
It is easy to use and you can move the steering levers of this mower after your finish you mowing task.
People need to choose the best riding lawn mowers according to their mowing speed, and you can consider this riding mower in this regard.
It has 6.5 MPH speed and you need not spend any maintenance cost on this mower.
You can cut long turf by this mower and the brake system of this mower activates or deactivates as you move the steering levers outward and inward.
It has a clear-cut deck, which has high performance blades and superior air flow.
It can discharge the glass clippings and you can add a bag in this mower to collect such clippings.
You can use the same as fertilizer. But you need to buy such mulching kit or bags separately.
- It is a zero-turn riding lawn mower
- It has 6.5 MPH speed
- They equip it with Kawasaki engine
- It has 18 horsepower
- Easy to use
- You can move the levers to activate or deactivate the brake system
- It has a clear-cut deck, which has high performance blades
- It can discharge glass clippings
- No-maintenance transmission is hassle-free
- Anti-slip foot area makes mowing safe
- The paint of the deck can fade away
- Mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately
2. Husqvarna YTH18542 42 In
If you look for the best riding lawn mower which is compact, then you can choose this Husqvarna riding mower.
The compact design of this mower can save your storage space and you can use it for your large ground or yard.
It has various features such as fender-mounted cutting height adjustment, and you can adjust their cutting width to trim long or hard grasses.
Apart from that, adjustable seat and ergonomic steering wheels of this mower can provide utmost flexibility and comfort, and you can use its hydrostatic transmission system to cut the grasses in different patterns. The equip it with Intek engine, which has 18.5 horsepower.
It has air induction mowing technology, which can increase the airflow within the deck and keep your garden neat and clean.
You can also add towing accessories and mulching kit in this mower to collect the grass clippings.
You can use such clippings as organic fertilizer, and you can two your riding mower to run it on the slopes.
- It has 18.5 horsepower
- They equip it with a powerful Intek engine
- Hydrostatic transmission system to change the cutting speed
- It can be operated by hand or automatic steering wheels
- Compact design and require less storage space
- Designed with slip-resistant wheels
- 42” deep cutting edge
- Adjustable seat and ergonomic steering wheels
- Reverse operating system allows the mow to reverse or turn
- It is not fire-resistant
- The after-sales service could be better
3. Husqvarna Canopy
You can use a Husqvarna riding mower for your garden, but you cannot use it in summer or autumn.
The excessive heat in summer and frequent rain during autumn cannot allow you to enter your lawn.
Here, you can use some accessories such as Husqvarna canopy. You can easily add this shade on your riding mower. It will protect you from excessive heat, rain and humidity level.
It is a foldable canopy and you can remove this from your mower to store it in your garage.
Even, you can adjust this canopy according to your needs. Direct sun’s heat and UV rays can damage your skin and you can suffer from different health problems.
So you can use this canopy on your Husqvarna zero turn mower and keep yourself safe.
They make it of water resistant material and it can increase the comfort level of the operator.
- It is perfect for Husqvarna zero turn mowers
- It is easy to install and durable
- It is water resistant
- Foldable and you can remove it from your mower anytime
- It can block sun’s heat and rain
- It can provide comfort to the operator
- It can fit on Husqvarna zero turn mowers only and you cannot use it on other models
4. Husqvarna Z254 54 In.
People do not prefer to spend their weekends on their lawn maintenance, and they love to spend such days with their family and friends.
People mostly avoid such hectic tasks because lawn mowing can drain out their energy and they need to spend hours in their open-area.
Now, you have an excellent option to choose the best riding lawn mower and you can pick this Husqvarna model for your large area.
They equip it with 54” steel cutting deck and it has a powerful Kohler engine.
Kohler engine has 26 horsepower, which can easily mow your lawn faster.
Apart from that, you can use this riding mower for all seasons and you do not spend any additional maintenance cost on its transmission system.
To operate this mower, you can use its brake system, and you can move the steering levers inward and outward to activate or deactivate the brake of this lawn mower.
You can add mulching kit into your lawn mower and collect the mulches or grass clippings. You can use them as organic fertilizer and save your cost.
- It has powerful Kohler engine of 26 HP
- They equip it with 54” steel cutting deck
- Steel stamped cutting deck is highly durable
- Maintenance free transmission system
- It improves grass and delivers superior cut
- You can add a mulching kit to collect the mulches or grass clippings
- You can move the steering levers inward and outward to activate or deactivate the brake
- Designed with air induction mowing technology
- Poor quality delivery drive
- Mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately
5. Husqvarna RedMax RZT54 54
This is one of the most powerful Husqvarna riding lawn mower equipped with 24Hp Kawasaki Engine.
Most of the Husqvarna riding lawn mowers are designed for the commercial lawns, but you can use this model for your residential lawn.
It is designed with 10 gage fabricated decks and you can use it for all seasons.
The high back seat of this mower can provide utmost comfort to the operator, and you can adjust the height of the seat according to your convenience level.
You can rotate the mower around its own axis and move them over to different areas of the ground.
Sometime, you can face some troubles due to excessive frictions on the chassis, and you can reduce this friction level by adjusting the control panel of this mower.
You will get full control over the mower through its control panel, and the slip-resistant footrest area of this mower can keep you safe and secure.
- They equip it with 24Hp Kawasaki Engine
- Designed with comfortable high back seat
- They design it with 10 gauge fabricated decks
- Slip-resistant footrest area
- Hydraulic wheel-drives facilitates maneuvering
- You can operate this mower through its control panel
- Suitable for your residential lawn
- Pump with in-built cooler fan
- Hydro-gear transmission system
- Easy to use and provides great service
- Suitable for small yards only
6. Husqvarna Z254F 54
Husqvarna Z254F is designed with 747cc Kohler Engine, which has 26 horsepower.
The V-Twin engine of 7000 Series can help you mow the long and hard grasses, and you can use this riding mower on your large ground.
Apart from that, it has 54” FAB three blades, which can finely cut your grasses and discharge clippings.
You can add a mulching kit to this mower to collect such grass clippings, and you can use them as fertilizer.
They design it with an electric clutch, and you can use this clutch to adjust the deck.
This is a zero-turn mower that can mow your lawn effectively. You can move this mower in different directions to trim the grasses, and you can add a towing accessory to run your mower on slopes.
It can bump into the obstacles available on your ground, and the non-skid wheels of this mower can provide utmost safety.
- They design it with 747cc Kohler Engine
- It has 26 horsepower
- The V-Twin engine of 7000 Series can mow the long and hard grasses
- It has 54” FAB three blades
- Designed with electric clutch-deck
- It is a zero-turn mower
- You can add a mulching kit to this mower
- Good customer care service
- It is not available in California
7. Cub Cadet Enduro Series
People are choosing this Cub Cadet riding mower for their ground for its strength, versatility and flexibility.
They equip it with Kohler OHV engine, which has 18 horsepower. The hydrostatic transmission system of this mower can provide smooth operation.
You just need to push the pedal from your footrest area and operate the mower.
Plus, they design it with a turning radius system and it can tackle any obstacles with ease.
The comfortable seat with cushion can provide utmost comfort and you can adjust the seat as per your needs.
They design the steering of this mower with comfort-grip, and it is completely skid-resistant.
You can adjust the deck and tow the deck to cut taller roots. You can find two pedals on the right side and you can press the first one to move forward and use the second one to move behind or backward.
It is a very simple process and you need not go for any instruction manual to operate this riding mower.
- They equip it with Kohler OHV engine
- The engine has 18 horsepower
- Designed with two pedals to move the mower forward and backward
- Hydrostatic transmission is smooth
- Comfortable skid-resistant steering
- Adjustable seat with cushion
- The reverse pedal is dangerous and you need to operate it with caution
- Some complained about transmission leak
8. Snapper 2911525BVE
We can use it for any lawns and the easy touch control design of this mower can provide utmost convenience.
They design it with a 5-speed shift control system and you can regulate its speed through this control panel.
Apart from that, the vertical stand-on-edge of this mower can require less space and you can store it in your restricted area.
This is one of the best riding lawn mowers equipped with 11.5 horsepower engine.
4-cycle OGV engine of this mower is powerful and it can mow your ground faster.
If you do not need a zero-turn mower, then you can choose this model.
The compact design of this mower can enter the tight spaces of your ground, and you can even ride between the trees.
You can use the shifts of this mower to move it backward, and you can keep this mower in the vertical position to clean the underneath area.
You can change the blade of this mower with no additional tools, and you must switch off the engine and brake system of your mower to before you change its blade.
- They equip it with 11.5 horsepower engine
- 4-cycle OGV powerful engine
- They design it with a 5-speed shift control system
- Vertical stand-on-edge
- Easy to use and easy to maintain
- It takes less storage space
- Convenient design with innovative features
- Perfect for all-sized lawns
- Shifts of this mower are rigid and you cannot move them easily
9. Husqvarna YTH24V48
They equip this riding lawn mower with Briggs and Stratton Intek V-Twin engine, which has 24 horsepower.
They design the engine of this mower with ReadyStart technology, and you can operate this lawn mower through its foot pedal.
It has hydrostatic transmission system, which can be operated with a foot pedal and you can use your both hands to control the steering.
You can use this lawn mower on tough terrine and you can turn the mower deck by pressing a switch, called Tight 16.
If you want to ride the mower in tight spaces such as between the trees then you can turn it and navigate around the obstacles.
They design it with 48” triple blade and it has powerful airflow. Plus, four anti-slip wheels of this mower can keep you safe and you can use it on your large ground.
- Designed with anti-skid wheels
- Easy to manoeuvre and requires less storage space
- They design it with 48” triple blade
- ReadyStart technology for easy and powerful start
- Cruise control maintains a steady speed on uneven terrain
- Briggs and Stratton Intek V-Twin engine
- 24 horsepower
- Hydrostatic transmission system operated by foot-pedal system
- It has an adjustable seat and an ergonomic steering wheel
- It has a cutting height adjustment facility
- You must avoid stumps while you mow your ground
10. Troy-Bilt Premium
This smallest mower is the best riding lawn mower under 1500, and you can use it for your residential property.
They equip it with 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine, which can provide 4.25 MPH.
Plus, 6-speed transmission system of this lawn mower can allow you to run your mower in different positions.
It has 5 adjustable settings and you can adjust the size of the cutting width through this control panel.
You can turn this mower in any direction and they design it with 18” turning radius.
It has 13×5-inch front wheels and 16×6.5-inch rear wheels, and these wheels are skid-resistant.
If you want to look for a small riding mower within your restricted budget, then you can choose this model.
- They equip it with 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine
- It can provide 4.25 MPH speed
- Designed with 6-speed transmission system
- 13×5-inch front wheels and 16×6.5-inch rear wheels
- 5 height adjustable blades with manual power take off
- You can check the fuel level through fuel sight window
- Easily stored in a garage or shed
- It comes with a 2 year warranty period
- You cannot use it if you live in an ethanol state
1. Why Do I Need To Check The Engine Horsepower?
You must check the engine horsepower or HP level of the lawn mower before you choose.
HP means the power output of the engine and it will distribute or shared by different parts of a mower.
So if you want to use a powerful riding mower which has strong transmission system and cutting blades, then you must choose better horsepower.
Your mower cannot access the lawn and tackle the obstacles if it is does not have enough HP level, and you can easily finish your mowing session with the best riding lawn mower with higher HP.
2. What Is Cutting Width And Its Importance?
Cutting width means the length of a swath of the grass the tool can cut in one pass, and you can find riding mowers with different cutting widths.
For example, you can find some common riding mowers with 30” cutting width, and few models are available for 50” cutting width.
You need to measure your yard before you decide the cutting width, and if you have a small yard, then you can choose a mower with a small width.
But, for your commercial ground, you need to go for some large riding mowers. Wide cutting width can help you finish your mowing session faster.
3. Is It Important To Consider The Fuel Capacity And Why?
You must check the fuel capacity of a riding mower before you choose. You should avoid such riding mowers which has less fuel capacity because you need to refuel your mower frequently.
You can choose small mowers with less fuel capacity for your residential property because you can easily fill the tank for each session.
But, for the large ground, you need to choose the best riding lawn mower with large fuel capacity.
4. What Is The Importance Of Transmission System In A Riding Lawn Mower?
Transmission system of a mower can transfer the power from the engine to the wheels, and it will help you move your riding mower upward or backward.
Riding lawn mowers are available with different transmission systems such as manual transmission, an automatic transmission and hydrostatic transmissions.
They equip older models with manual transmission and you need to change their gears manually to control the speed of the mower.
It is better to choose a model that has an automatic or hydrostatic transmission system.
You need not operate them manually and you can operate your mower from foot pedals.
Sometime, mowers can slow down to drive around obstacles, and you cannot avoid such obstacles.
In this case, you can choose a lawn mower with hydrostatic transmission.
However, along with these factors, you must check the warranty, mulching accessories, cutting capacity and price of different riding mowers to choose the best one.
5. How Would I Choose The Best Transmission?
There are different transmissions such as manual, automatic and hydrostatic transmission.
In the case of manual transmission, you can find 5-speed or 6-speed shifts, and you need to use the clutch manually.
You can control the speed through a foot pedal if you choose automatic one.
You can choose hydrostatic transmission designed with a foot-operated control panel.
6. How Do I Decide The Horsepower?
If you want to mow your yard in less time, then you need to go for the best riding lawn mower with high horsepower.
It depends on the area that you want to mow and you can choose the mower according to their horsepower.
Horsepower means the powers which are transferred from the engines to other parts of your mower.
7. Can I Ride The Mower Between The Trees?
Yes, you can use such riding mowers in restricted spaces, and you can operate the mower through its steering.
You can choose a small mower which has a compact design, and you can mow the slopes of your ground with such mowers.
8. How Can I Use Glass Clippings As Fertilizer?
You can use mulching accessories to collect the grass clippings and you can use them as fertilizers.
Riding mowers are not available with such accessories, but you can buy them separately.
Most of the mowers discharge the grass clippings or mulches randomly and you need to collect them to keep your yard clean. You can add a bag to your mower to store such clippings.
9. Can I Use A Canopy On My Mower?
Yes, you can find some foldable canopies online and you can choose the best one according to your model.
Such canopies or shades can block sun’s heat and provide utmost comfort during autumn.
Such canopies are water resistant and you can mow your garden during rain by using such canopy.
10. What Type Of Fuel Should I Use For Riding Mower?
Most of the riding lawn mowers are run by gasoline, and you can choose some gas operated models.
You can check this feature online before you choose. There are some battery-operated mowers available and you can recharge their battery to save your fuel cost.
But, they are not suitable for large areas and you can use them for your small residential yard.
11. How Can I Change The Blade Of My Mower?
There are some towing accessories available for riding lawn mowers and you can use them to two the mower.
Then you can change the blades and clean the underneath area. Else, you can choose a mower which has vertical alignment, and you can use their vertical position to change their blades.
Make sure you must switch off the brake system and engine of your mower while you change their blade.
12. What Do I Need To Check Before Purchasing A Riding Lawn Mower?
You can find some best riding lawn mowers on the above section and you can choose any model from the list.
You must consider their HP, fuel capacity, warranty, cutting width and transmission system before you choose.
Some companies have a bad reputation regarding their after-sales services and you can check their feedback online.